There are many well known benefits of fish oil. The top five benefits if fish oil are listed below:
- Lowers blood triglycerides – High levels of triglycerides are known to be a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- Helps reduce likelihood of blood clots – Fish oil benefits include the prevention of blood platelets from sticking together and forming blood clots.
- Lowers mild high blood pressure – Fish oil helps lower blood pressure when it is due to high cholesterol and hardening of the arteries.
- Reduces inflammation from rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and gout – Fish oil health benefits come from the DHA and EPA that reduce the amount of inflammation-causing substances.
- Lowers risk of developing Alzheimer’s Disease – Studies have found that fish oil seems to help protect the nervous system.